An ion is an atom or molecule in which the total number of electrons is not equal to the total number of protons, giving it a net positive or negative electrical charge.
|No. of Protons||1||1||1|
|No. of Electrons||0||1||2|
(Not an Ion)
A hydrogen atom (center) contains a single proton and a single electron. Removal of the electron gives a cation (positive ion)(left), whereas addition of an electron gives an anion (negative ion) (right). The hydrogen anion, with its loosely held two-electron cloud, has a larger radius than the neutral atom, which in turn is much larger than the bare proton of the cation. Hydrogen forms the only cation that has no electrons, but even cations that (unlike hydrogen) still retain one or more electrons are still smaller than the neutral atoms or molecules from which they are derived.
A water ionizer electrolyzes water with direct current voltage (DCV). Water is re-directed from a faucet through a hose into the ionizer unit. Inside, the water is first filtered through activated charcoal.
Each ionizer unit has a specially engineered electrolysis chamber equipped with platinum-coated titanium electrolysis plates. The filtered water flows into the chamber and is directed through a ceramic membrane that is positioned between the charged electrolysis plates.
The (-) cathode attracts minerals such as sodium, magnesium, potassium, calcium and others and the water surrounding the terminal becomes alkaline with an increase in hydrogen ions (H+). The anti-cathode terminal attracts ions such as oxygen, sulfuric acid, sulfur and the water surrounding the terminal becomes acidic with an increase in hydroxide ions (OH-).
The reduced water produced through electrolysis not only contains an excess amount of electrons (e-), but the cluster size of the H2O molecules seems to be reduced in size from about 10 to 13 molecules per cluster to 5 to 6 molecules per cluster. The water discharged from the alkaline port has a higher pH value and contains minerals, like Calcium and Magnesium, that are in a form that is more suitable for the body to assimilate.
The number of plates inside the electrolysis chamber varies between systems. Some systems have 3 plates, others 5 and more are possible. The number of plates affects unit performance. The more plates the unit has, the larger the possible range of pH values and the large, and more importantly, the more -ORP values possible of the produced water.
Iontech has for over 20 years of OEM and ODM expertise, we are accomplished in all areas of water ionizer design and manufacture. IonTech is capable of offering mould design, mould manufacture, specification design, interior construction, assembly and quality assurance services. Our products are designed to provide years of dependable service while featuring the latest in industry leading options. Some key features of our products are:
● Color LCD displays showing important system settings and functions such as pH, ORP, water flow rate, working status, Alkaline, Pure, Acidity, cleansing and filter service life (Display configuration varies by model)
Adjustable PH setting according to differernt user's needs.
Turn on the tap and press button when the cleansing light turns on and the light will blink for around 1 minute. The built-in computer will automatically switch to alkaline level 3 after cleasing. Please turn off the tap after cleansing.
Different diagrams indicate different alkline levels.
Electrolysis strength decreases from top to down. Adjustable PH setting according to different user’s needs.
● Selectable pH levels including alkaline, pure and acidic options per required usage
● Automatic cleansing — No-hassle Design Automatic electrolysis chamber cleansing after each Alkaline water use. Our IC controlled systems record Alkaline water production volume and automatically cleanse when production reaches defined volumes. Chamber cleansing provides double protection: prolongs the service life of electrolysis plates and stabilizes the Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP) value of the electrolysis process.
Iontech has for over 20 years of OEM and ODM expertise, we are accomplished in all areas of water ionizer design and manufacture. IonTech is capable of offering mould design, mould manufacture, specification design, interior construction, assembly and quality assurance services. Our products are designed to provide years of dependable service while featuring the latest in industry leading options.
● ISO 9001 Certified
● CE approved electronic design (varies with model)
● Key system components such as electrolysis chambers, housings, etc. are designed, engineered in-house and are 100% IonTech IP.
● Certificate / Patents
Iontech manufactures using top quality components. We purchase from industry leaders and all inputs and assemblies are rigorously inspected before production.
● Top quality IC components
● Platinum-titanium plate; manufactured by KOBE Steel, Japan
● High efficiency, temperature resistant, non-toxic ceramic ion membrane manufactured by Yusan, Japan
● Activated carbon fiber (ACF), manufactured by Pentair, Industry leading USA manufacturing technique complies with the highest drinking water standards. Higher absorption efficiency than coconut-shell granular carbon, is able to absorb very fine impurities, chemicals, such as chlorine, agriculture pesticides, etc.
IonTech is focused on R&D innovation and mass production efficiency. Our R&D aims to satisfy customer needs and develop environmentally friendly products. We continue to improve the usefulness and reliability of our products and advance the suitability Alkaline water for human consumption.
● Member of the Water Quality Association